Spring Has Sprung

March 22, 2007


Hannah was at a friend’s bday party yesterday so I decided to take the boys to the park.  Its been awhile and my poor little hermits couldn’t get their shoes off quickly enough to feel the cool sand between their toes.  And then I mentioned taking a picture or two…such little hams, maybe they’re feeling deprived ( as if I don’t take pictures every day of their sweet little existence!)
The weather is already beautiful this spring and I am itching to start my garden.  My dearest has been working on adding to my preexisting raised bed (severe allergies to boot!), so this year I will have double the space. I really want the kids to have a more active role in the garden this year so we have all been discussing what to plant.  So far we have come up with corn (only 1 stalk), carrots, green beans, lettuce, tomatoes…and of course many herbs-the oregano from last year survived! (and my strawberries are already blooming)
My thoughts are also leaning towards my impending travels.  Only 6 more days until I leave for S. Africa!  I feel like I still have much to do.  Most of that is in preparing my little family to be mommy-less for a week and a half.  I need to make sure that there is lots of "easy" food, complete all the laundry ( have I ever done that?!), and make sure the babysitting schedule is in place and everyone is aware of their times/responsibilties.  Thankfully my dear mom is looking after the kids for about half the time and is much more organized than myself.  I was joking with her the other day that they will probably get bathed at her house more than they do at home!
I also have my boys’ bday party to finish planning.  Their bdays are only 2 days apart, so for now they share a party.  We will be having many friends and family over this Sunday to celebrate and I hope to make it a fun and special day for them.  I can’t believe that they will be 5 and 3!
Well, that’s it for now-all of this talk about getting ready is making me antsy and I need to go and do something constructive!
Bookmark and Share

No comments: