In It and not Of It

May 8, 2006


I've decided that this temporary place we live in, you know earth, is not all its cracked up to be.  Sometimes during all my busyness I stop for a second and realize the home I have waiting for me in Heaven.  It's not supposed to be comfortable and wonderful down here because this is not where I belong and where my affections rest.  This is a good thought to have and dwell on…thankyou, Lord
And now back to the nitty gritty…..Hannah is doing well in her homeschooling again.  It was my fault that we had not been consistent in certain areas and she was forgetting things that she had once known.  I feel she is back on track now, though I am still a little nervous concerning the placement test that she will take shortly for her next school.  Speaking of, we had a meeting last week and met the other families who will also be a part of the school.  There are currently 13 families making up about 30 children from K-5th grade.  Because the classes are so small they will be combining grades for at least the first year.  I can't believe how excited I am for her!  A classical approach which is also reformed and university style.  Everything we could have wanted for her in a nice bundle.  I'm also glad for the extra time I will be able to spend on school with Ethan when Hannah is in class.
Have I mentioned that my Girl Scout Troop is falling apart?  Actually, splitting…I can't even believe it, but my leaders are having “irreconcilable differences” and some of the moms are siding one way or another-a decision we will all have to make eventually.  I am suprised and grieved over the rudeness, selfishness and pride that is coming forth over all of this.  David has reminded me that the reason we joined G.S. in the first place was so that we could be around people who don't believe as we do and show them God's love in Christ through our relationships.  Well, the time is here and I am praying for wisdom, patience, kindness in everything I say and do-I cannot do it without Him!
Bookmark and Share

No comments: