Catching up

April 30, 2006


Let's see…it's been quite awhile since I last wrote-Easter weekend.  We had a  wonderful time together at my church worshipping God and remembering and celebrating Christ's death and resurrection.  I love my church and feel that God is among us working through each person and each family to bring us to the place he wants us to be as his Body.  I am humbled by the wonderful  people who surround me, and sharpened and encouraged by their lives, friendships and love for their Heavenly Father.
Since I last wrote, my Dad had a wonderfully successful eye surgery-its amazing the skill, wisom and knowledge that God has given to fallen man that we can create, repair, and especially love.  I'm so excited for my Dad as he is able to experience true color, form and depth for the first time in many years, and that is just in one eye!
David and I have also been working on my garden over the past few weeks.  My Mom and step-Dad purchased a strawberry planter for me for my Bday coming up in July and David assembled it and I planted all 40 little Strawberry plants in the “appropriate” positions.  I'm especially excited to see the kids' reaction to the little plants as they mature and produce their sweet fruit (hopefully!).  David has also prepared a little piece of land in the back corner of the yard for my liking.  I have decided I will plant a little English Garden.  I have never done anything of the sort so I have been researching on line and have found too much info. for my little bit of space.  I think that I will take before and after pictures and hopefully the difference will be fantastic!
Jonah has been sick for the last day and a half-just a fever, so I think it might be his molars making their grand appearance!  I still feel so sorry for him and hope he feels better in the morning.  He's such a sweet, funny little boy.
My friend, the guitarist, has graciously offered to teach a few of us the guitar this Wed. night at her house.  I'm so excited since this will be my first official lesson.  I have been practicing faithfully and even purchased a book last week to learn some fundamentals that I am unable to teach myself.   Right now we have a scheduling conflict, so hopefully Aunty will be able to babysit! 

next time tune in for the latest news concerning Hannah's new school!
Bookmark and Share

No comments: