The Ice-Cream Man!

June 20, 2006


Do you remember those lazy, hot summer days, when right in the midst of your busy, sweaty playing you heard that old-fashioned canned music?  Yip, that's right, we have just been visited by the ice cream man( really, he was a man)!!  I haven't seen him since I was a kid-maybe he was taking a much needed vacation since driving around in that little white van of his with all of the ice cream choices pasted to the side.
Today, when I heard that familiar tune I responded immediately ( some kind of early programming), rushed to see how much change I could scrape together and rushed my chickadees out the door-hoping all the way inflation hadn't affected him too badly.
As soon as he rounded the corner Hannah started squeeling, Ethan began clapping his hands and saying “ice cream man” over and over, and Jonah hid a little behind my leg.  I was pretty excited to, reliving this sweet memory with my sweet children and knowing it was the start of their happy summertime memories as well.
Did I mention the prices were great, and even though I let them choose their own treat no one picked the most expensive( Sponge Bob, coming in at a whopping 2$)  Way to go, kids, and thank you Mr. Ice Cream Man…its been a long time…
Bookmark and Share

No comments: