Gussy

April 18, 2012


This is Gus. I stumbled upon this little one as I was perusing the pictures of orphans on an agency site. I immediately fell in love with Gus! He is considered "special needs" as a Chinese orphan because he has a form of dwarfism. I showed his picture to the kids and we started to pray for him. We prayed for a loving, kind family for Gus. We prayed that we could be that family...


The months and weeks went by. Every day I looked up his little picture to see how he was. Sometimes "matched" is placed by a child's name once they have been matched with a family. I prayed for this, and prayed for us at the same time.

One day I clicked on Ni Hao Ya'll's blog to catch up with my bloggy friends ( who really don't know me!) and there was my sweet Gus, being advocated for by this dear blogger. I have to confess that my emotions were a mess. I was so happy that his little face and picture would be shown to so many, and so fearful that some one would take him before I did. I know, I'm a bit crazy sometimes! We continued to pray, and only days later Stephanie was posting that Gus had found a family. I cried and rejoiced at the same time. The children cried with me, and I'm sure the dog would have to if he had known.

So the weeks have passed and I am thrilled that Gus is being pursued and will soon be home with his family. I thought the Gus saga had closed in my life and then today, through a new blog that I am reading, I found his family! They are in the midst of a fundraiser to bring him home. I was able to help, even a little with the fundraiser and therefore, to unite Gus with his family! How kind of my Heavenly Father to allow me to be a part of his life like that! I am awed and humbled!

Welcome home, little Gussy!!
P.S. If you would also like to help with Gus's homecoming, here is the blog
Bookmark and Share

No comments: