To be known

April 20, 2012

I've been reading Crazy love by Francis Chan over the last couple of days. He has such a simple way of speaking the truth about the Gospel. I just have to record some amazing words here.

He refers to spending time in Jeremiah 1 and studying this book for four days while in solitude. He references verses 4 and 5: " The word of the Lord came to me, saying, 'Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.'"

He writes, " In other words, God knew me before He made me. Please don't skim over this truth just because you've heard it before. Take some time to really think about it. I'll say it again: God knew you and me before we existed."

Chan reflects that maybe these words only pertained to Jeremiah's life, but then he remembers Ephesian's 2:10: "we were created to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." He continues, "That verse is meant for me and all others who have been 'saved by grace through faith.' My existence was not random, nor was it accident. God knew who he was creating, and He designed me for a specific work."

I love this great reminder! David and I are at a place of change in our lives. As our eyes are being opened to the needs of this world, we wait longingly to see where our Father will direct us. It is a great comfort to know that he has planned each day of our lives, for His glory and for our good.
Bookmark and Share

No comments: