*Warning*, Potty Picture!

October 9, 2006


Well, I can't believe it!  I'm experiencing one of those things I just thought wouldn't happen to me as a parent-my child actually wants to use the potty!  Hannah and Ethan were tough cookies when it came to potty training…I started Hannah at three because Ethan was about to arrive and I didn't want two in diapers and I started Ethan at three because, well I had heard that boys were late starters and was too tired to even try earlier.
And then comes Jonah..the baby of the family in every way so far except for this.  He started asking me to “go potty” about a month ago.  I would take off his diaper and put him on the potty.  He never did anything until last week and just this past Saturday I decided to make it official!  I dug out the “big boy underwear” and he has been wearing them now for three days (minus nights and naps)  He is doing so well and actually takes himself, pulls his own underwear down and wipes every time.  This just can't be!  I'm waiting for some revolt ( which may still happen) but right now I'm in potty bliss and I'm so proud of my little fella!
Here he is in true “boy” style:
Bookmark and Share

No comments: