Celebrity Sighting

February 21, 2007


By Mr. Simply Sam
Have you ever had one of those moments when you are standing near to or talking to a celebrity?  I actually got to stand with a celebrity today and watch him work for a couple of hours in my very own backyard.  Literally, he was in my backyard!  I met one of those men today, and watched him do his magic.  He performed masterfully at his duties and I stood in awe as I watched.  I know the suspense is killing you, and you are begging to know who he is.
I am an avid fan of the Discovery Channel series "Dirty Jobs", it profiles people doing some of the most disgusting and important jobs in America.  The very first episode profiled a man who operated the "Honey Wagon".   I met a "Honey Wagon" technician today, otherwise known as a septic tank technician.  He found the lid in my backyard on the first try, sucked up over 1,000 gallons (8 years worth) of poo (they call it money), washed it clean, relaid the sod, and rode off into the sunset.
I salute the septic tank technicians of the world, for without them our houses would be filled with poo (and other unmetionables.)
Disclaimer: Sam has a different take on the event since she had to mop up the mess that precipitated calling in such a celebrity
Bookmark and Share

No comments: