Kindred Spirits

February 6, 2007


Melissa and I have been friends for 12 years.  We met in 1994 at Teen Missions headquarters in Florida.  I was coming back to volunteer since I couldn’t go on a team because of college and Melissa was returning to volunteer, take leadership training and co-lead a team to France for the summer.  The night we met I had been at Bootcamp a day and as I walked in the dorm room shared by many ladies I proceeded to squish and break her travel alarm clock….yes, the very one she would need the rest of her summer on the field.  She forgave me easily and we’ve been best friends ever since.
That Fall we parted ways to our different schools but by the next year she transferred to Moody and we became roommates.  We did everything together, including Women’s Choir and seeing the world.  We both knew missions were in our future and we secretly planned to be on the field together one day telling people about Jesus.  At our time at Moody we saw each other through mean boys, broken hearts, realized dreams, and lots of coffee.  Sunday nights were time for "pockets" ( chicago restaurant) and long talks about nothing and sometimes everything.
Well, I could obviously go on and on speaking of my dear friend, but this post would never end!
I post about her today because we have just been able to spend a few hours together over the weekend.  Melissa sells The Body Shop products (did you know you could buy them from independent  consultants?) and had a big conference down here this weekend.  We didn’t have much time but it was great to visit with her and talk of old and new times.
Here are pictures of us "cooking a cow" together at Bootcamp and our meeting at the airport on Sunday:
                                                      
I love you, friend!!
Bookmark and Share

No comments: