I must confess...

September 7, 2007

that I am an adult High School Musical fan! Yes, that would be both of the TV movies, 1 and 2. I love the singing, dancing, cheesiness, and even the adolescent love triangles. Of course without the singing and dancing I probably wouldn't have watched either movie. I am pleasantly surprised with Disney that they have effectively created two "G" rated stories with no s**, drugs or provocative dancing/clothing etc...Now, there are still cliques, peer pressure, and lost and found love, but I think that overall these are sweet and entertaining films for tweens, teens (and even the occasional adult)Did I mention that they make me want to get off my keister and dance!( and it doesn't hurt to feel like 16 again-well..the good parts of being 16)
btw, this video is the opening scene for HSM 2.

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Melissa said...

You are so funny! I know that if we were still at Moody, I'd hear you singing these songs in the tunnels! Hope you're feeling better!

keri said...

ok, after watching that video...it really makes me want to see them!!! it reminds me of the "back to school" song from grease 2. i love these kinds of movies. i'll have to check when they are coming on and tivo them!! :)

Melissa said...

Love the teenage musicals - Grease, Hairspray, Bye Bye Birdie! What's more fun than bursting into song during teen angst?

Robyn said...

I have yet to see them, but I did search last night to see when they are coming on again. I too love these kinds of movies.