Bumblebee!

December 6, 2007

The release of the movie Transformers was a dream-come-true for my dearest hubby. He owned many of these toys as a child ( as did I) and actually let out an audible *gasp* when the first previews started airing for the movie. The magic has spread to the other males in our home, and even though the little men will not be seeing the movie they are quite in love with the characters. After we rented and watched the movie we decided on sections of the movie to let the boys watch: mostly all of the interesting "transforming" scenes. Bumblebee has become a favorite and I spend way too much time in my day trying to transform mini-versions of these complex toys.

The other day the kids and I made a stop at Wal-Mart. We finished up our shopping and as we headed for the car, we were stopped dead in our tracks by an amazing scene. Parked right next to us was Bumblebee himself! The kids started screaming and jumping up-and-down. I have to admit I was kind of excited too! Since I always carry my camera for those "must-have picture moments" I whipped it out and had the chickadees pose in front of their favorite robot: (yes, I know...for all of you Transformer buffs, this is not the real car that played Bumblebee, but a Mustang painted the correct colors works for us!) And no , I did not realize that Ethan was leaning up against this very nice, does not belong to us, vehicle!
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I'm sure I will know who or what Bumblebee is one day. Until then, it's still cool that your kids thought they were seeing the real thing.

Dani said...

LOL!!! That is so great!