Hannah's Houses

July 2, 2007


My sweet girl has quite an imagination, especially when it comes to her love of animals.  I have to take some credit for that since I spent most of my childhood pretending that I lived in a magical world filled with elves, fairies and animals who could talk ( oh the joy when I discovered The Chronicles of Narnia!)
Last week I was upstairs cleaning and doing laundry when I happened to notice a big ugly mess in her room, right in front of her bed.  I was about to jump into one of my nice tirades about "keeping our rooms clean" and "helping mommy"  when I happened to take a closer look at the "mess".  What I saw brought back my own childhood memories and I had to smile… Hannah had made a small village out of various cardbord boxes.  Each house has a door, windows and of course beds and couches for her little friends to relax on.  Aren’t kids fun?!  She probably has all of the Littlest Pet Shop shops but there’s something about her own creation that she loves even more.  A great opportunity to remind her of her Creator and how much He loves her.  That she is made in His image, giving her the desire and ability to also create.  A great reminder to me as well.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: