I have nothing without you

July 13, 2007

I fell asleep with my Bible on my face last night. Before you start thinking I'm tooting my own horn by reading my Bible so much I fall asleep with it, let me correct you. I was actually desperate last night. No, nothing tragic has happened to me, well not in the way you may be thinking. I'm actually just a needy, pathetic sinner. I've forgotten the Gospel. I've forgotten who I am and the love that shines down on me from a happy, gracious, loving, satisfied, merciful Father. I am worried and weak. I am tired of my concern for my own welfare. I am tired of trying to be a great mother, sister, wife, friend, etc...(and feeling as though I never get there). I am tired of using all of my energy to be a pleasing person and to make others happy. I need my Daddy. I need to lift my face to His and remember how beautiful, loved, and cherished I am. And so last night I was crying to him, complaining about these things and how this world is making me weary...and he loved me ..so much so I put my Bible on my face and slept in peace.
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

keri said...

sounds like you are in the exact place you need to be....in need of Him!! and thanks for the encouragement!