Randomness

July 10, 2007

Okay, I'm completely impressed and unabashedly jealous of Keri's new header. If you haven't see it yet click on over and prepare to be wowed and also tell her what a great job she did! And if any of you are getting any ideas, I'm first in line for her services!

Its another lazy Tuesday this summer and I'm trying to figure out what to do with the kids today...If we go somewhere, our travels have to take place before noon. My un-airconditioned van is just too hot to motor around the sultry, sweaty countryside of GA. I'm starting to dream of crisp, cool Fall days, warm blankets, crunchy leaves, the pumpkin farm, fires and marshmallows. Oh, I shouldn't go there, I'm sure summer will be here for quite a bit longer!

There are so many projects that need to be done around the house before school starts. Well, at least one really big one, and that is turning our guest room into a school room. Right now I have dressers, plastic drawers on wheels and bookshelves filled with homeschool stuff, crafts, etc... This "stuff" is all over the house because we don't have one room big enough to hold it all.( and I really need to get rid of some of it) I've been trying to convince the dear to let me undertake this grand project but he has yet to concede. I have to admit that the room does look nice as a guest room ( minus the boys old decor still on the walls) and it will probably look a bit cluttered as a school room, but the practical need outweighs the prettiness factor. David is also in the midst of turning my little storage room into a mom's office. I can't wait for this as the room is a huge eyesore! Here it is:

This used to be a laundry room, but the folks who owned the house before us moved the washer/dryer upstairs and turned this room into a mini beauty salon. When we bought the house, we tore out the sink and filled it with our own clutter. ( ok, my clutter!) I can't wait to show pictures of it upon its completion!

Here is a pic of the bedroom that I want to turn into a school room. I think the biggest problem we have with this change is what to do with the bed. We could sell/give it away, but I think D really wants to keep it. He is still in love with it and frequently complains of how hard and uncomfortable our new king is. I don't mind keeping it. Hopefully one day we will have a house with enough room for a school room and guest room. Right now we only have guests about twice a year, so my vote is to put it in the garage until we can use it.

My window of time to get out before the heat arrives is coming to a close and the natives are getting restless, so I must be off!
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I've never heard about the beauty salon area - totally should have kept that and we could have had all kinds of girlie fun!

keri said...

if i have a vote about the bed...it is to definitely keep it!! that is such a pretty bed and i'm sure you will be able to use it someday!!!