It takes a child...

July 27, 2007

to sometimes point out the truth.

I've been spending most of the morning cleaning and getting ready for the weekend. Kind of funny, like its some kind of event. I do know that if I get all of my "chores" done there is a better possibility of doing something fun and "familyish" tomorrow after David is finished with his chores( which he did confirm in a phone conversation this morning).

I don't know about you but music inspires me in every area of my life, and especially so when I have to clean. The problem is that I don't want to hear any other kind of media in the background like the TV, Leapster, computer...I know, I know I can just forbid it all and make the children play together, but then between breaking up the fights and so on I wouldn't get much cleaning done.

So, I turned on the TV upstairs for the little cuties and sent them up to play or watch, of course with a snack in hand, so that Bebo (Norman, that is) and I could get my cleaning done in record fashion and I could have a mini-worship time as well. ( BTW, he is my new favorite artist)

I reminded Ethan as he headed upstairs to please not eat on my bed. Crackers and sheets don't do well together. His next question was:

"Can I sit on that giant box with all your old stuff?"

The little dear is referring to a big wooden chest at the end of my bed filled with all sorts of personal mementos. But I think his description of it may be more accurate.


Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

keri said...

i did tell you that rusty and bebo went to high school together, right? :) hope you do something family funish tomorrow!

Melissa said...

If you play the music loud enough, you can almost drown the "other" noise out! Oops - did I say that out loud?

Melissa said...

Bebo is great! I'm loving his newest album. Hope you got a lot of cleaning done!

Robyn said...

So true, kids see things so much simplier than we do.