A Dream Rekindled

February 9, 2006


Another day has come and gone and as usual it is a good time to write but I am soooo tired!  The kids and I stayed in today because Jonah is sick.  We have tile on our first floor so I have started letting the kiddos play Nascar to let some excess energy out.  At first it seems to go pretty well but soon enough they are ramming into each other, Jonah is crying because he wants the “coupe” and Ethan is terrorizing everyone in sight.
Uh, oh, writer's block and its only a blog….
Last night a small group of friends from church met to practice the music for our upcoming Women's Retreat.  Did I tell you that my very favorite thing to do is sing-the location or audience is not a factor, I just love to sing.  So last night I was in my element and we had a new friend join us.  Well, actually recruited since she plays our only instrument, the guitar.  In our almost two hours together I was so inspired by her to learn to play myself.  I did try back in my college days but I attempted Classical guitar and it became too difficult and I gave up. 
I was so excited by my new personal challenge that I looked all over the house today for my pitch pipe so that I could tune my very old guitar.  You can maybe guess what happened next-just as I was tightening the string it popped and slapped me in the hand.  My dream was done for the day.  I called the hubster and begged him to find some strings for me because I NEEEDED them TONIGHT, but alas my dream will have to wait yet another day.
BTW, that friend who played last night is amazingly talented and has graciously agreed to teach me.  Wow!
Its late and I know there are more things to be done before bed
goodnight friends
Worthy
Worthy, You are worthy
much more worthy than I know
I cannot imagine
just how glorious you are
and I cannot begin to tell
how deep a love you bring
o Lord my ears have heard of You
but now my eyes have seen
You're worthy
You're worthy
You're worthy
You're worthy to be praised
forever and a day
Glory, I give glory
to the One who saved my soul
You found me and you freed me
from the shame that was my own
And I cannot begin to tell
How merciful You've been
O Lord, my ears have heard of You
But now my eyes have seen
Bookmark and Share

No comments: