Mall Madness

February 10, 2006


I took the kids to the mall today, just so we could get out of the house and be with other people.  My mom met us there and we did the usual: ate lunch, picked up some candy, popped in The Disney Store, Build-A-Bear, and something not so usual: had a Starbucks!  YUM!  I am an absolute coffee fan.  I could drink it all day long and sometimes do, though I stick to decaf after the morning cups.
Anyway, back to the mall-I go to get out, do something, maybe to be a little entertained but I usually leave feeling frustrated because its hard to handle 3 small children and a large stroller ( don't laugh, all you who have more than three, I'm somewhat of a rookie!)  I long for something so much more than this world can offer-the Bible speaks about us being strangers here and so often I long for our home with God, where there will be no more sadness, tears, boredom, hatred, selfishness, …..sin.
Come, Lord Jesus, we long to see your face…
The King Shall Come
The King shall come when morning dawns and light triumphant breaks;
when beauty gilds the eastern hills and life to joy awakes.
Not as of old, a little child, to bear, and fight, and die,
but crowned with glory like the sun that lights the morning sky.
The King shall come when morning dawns and earth's dark night is past;
O haste the rising of that morn, the day that e'er shall last.
then let the endless bliss begin, by weary saints foretold,
when right shall triumph over wrong, and truth shall be extolled
The King shall come when morning dawns and light and beauty brings:
Hail, Christ the Lord!  Your people pray, come quickly, King of kings!
Bookmark and Share

No comments: