Germs Galore

February 22, 2006


The nasty winter germs have made their way back to our house again and I feel myself longing for the warmth and beauty of spring!  Hannah was up all night last night with the “V” word!  I don't even like to say it, or I start feeling nauseated myself.  I changed sheets, cleaned a mattress and scrubbed the carpet this morning around 2AM.  Suffice-it-to say I am a bit loopy today(oh, that may be a Nyquil hangover!) and trying to beat my own germies, who are having a little party in my sinuses!  So far the boys are showing no symptoms but the Vbeast seems more likely to strike at night.
Poor little Hannah..its been awhile since she has had the stomach bug and I felt helpless last night knowing there wasn't much I could do for her.
On to other recent events, David started tearing down our pond last night.  Its had a leak somewhere in it ever since we bought our house a year and a half ago.  We've tried on numerous occasions to repair it cosmetically, but decided it was time to take it apart and put it back together our way.  We have also had a couple of critters living in it including a field mouse and chipmunk…(not to mention frogs and tadpoles ).  I have to say that it has been a great learning experience for our kids, there are always interesting little creatures flying, slithering and hopping around it.  I'll try to include a picture of it here in its before and present states.
The meeting for the new school is tomorrow night and I think only one of us will be able to attend assuming the sickness is only just beginning to make its rounds.  We'll have to make a decision shortly after because applications are due by the end of the month.  I have made up my mind, the cost is the looming uncertainty.
I must be off as my chores await-have a great day and remember the Creator of the universe loves you more than you can possibly imagine!  I'm praying for you, MC!

Bookmark and Share

No comments: