Valentines and Bissels

February 13, 2006


Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and I think my hubby is breathing a sigh of relief.  I believe tomorrow must be one of the most dangerous days of the year in the life of a man.  Picking out that special gift for their loved one and hoping its the thing she has been hinting or  flat-out asking for!  Making sure to say the right, loving, caring words all day long!
I helped my man out and told him that I would really like one of those new Bissell Flip-its and that he could actually use the purchase of it as my V-day gift.  I know that may sound crazy to all of you jewelry lovers and so forth but I need any help I can keeping my house clean and the $funds$ can only be spread so far! 
Now flowers, on the other hand…..anyway I am thankful for my love and the way that our personalities compliment each other.  We are so different and yet those differences help meet needs in each others' lives.  We are also learning that no matter how much we love, we will never meet that deepest need in each others' hearts-that place is for God alone.  We are a brother and sister in Christ, given to each other on our journey, to sharpen, encourage, love and help each other, but we were never meant to take God's place-He is the Lover of our souls and our eternal Valentine!
Jesus, Lover of My Soul
Jesus, Lover of My Soul, let me to Thy bosom fly,
while the nearer waters roll, while the tempest still is high;
hide me, o my Savior hide, till the storm of life is past;
safe into the haven guide; O receive my soul at last!
Other refuge have I none; hangs my helpless soul on thee;
leave, o leave me not alone, still support and comfort me.
All my trust on Thee is stayed, all my help from Thee I bring;
cover my defenseless head in the shadow of thy wing.
Thou, O Christ, art all I want ; more than all in Thee I find;
raise the fallen, cheer the faint, heal the sick and lead the blind.
Just and holy is Thy name, I am all unrighteousness;
false and full of sin I am, thou art full of truth and grace.
Pleanteous grace with Thee is found, grace to cover all my sin;
let the healing streams abound; make and keep me pure within.
Thou of life the fountain art, freely let me take of Thee;
spring thou up within my heart, rise to all eternity.
Bookmark and Share

No comments: