More Than a Thought

July 20, 2006


Have you ever thought, even momentarily about the things in life that are not negative in and of themselves, but become negative because of our compulsive attraction to them and need for them?  The T.V. immediately comes to mind for me.  So often the thought has popped into mind of how much more time I would have to do more constructive things or spend quality time with my family, if it weren't for that “one” show I have to watch.  I'm almost scared to try and say goodbye to my viewing habits because it is a way that I treat myself and relax in the evenings.  And yet in the very back of my mind I feel that there is a better world waiting for me, if I would just make the sacrifice.  That there is so much to be gained by engaging with my husband and children in the evenings.(OK, so it sounds a little more obvious in written form..don't judge!)
…hmmm, there is an answer to all of this and it will not be clouded in legalism.
 “Television has proved that people will look at anything rather than each other. “
                                                                    -Ann Landers                    
Bookmark and Share

No comments: