A True Beauty

July 16, 2006


Up until the last year or two my eldest sister and I have lived our lives somewhat distant from each other.  Growing up, she was always the responsible, mature, wise one of the kids and she also possessed a great sense of fashion and style that didn't matter to me until college.  She was always prim and proper and ultra “girlie” while I loved to play sports, camp and wear comfy clothes.
A year ago our husbands started working together and all of a sudden I am getting to know my sis as a person and finding out in the process how beautiful she is inside.  I have always seen her outside beauty, that no one can miss, but now I'm experiencing her love, mercy, compassion, hope and generosity.  All of this flows from her relationship with Jesus.  She is being sanctified daily and now I am allowed the opportunity to be a part in her “process” as she is in mine.
This is truly a gift from the Lord to call her my sister and my friend.
Yesterday she took me out shopping for my birthday.  She bought me some wonderfully stylish clothes ( ahem, and some unmentionables ) and then we headed off to Starbucks for some fruity Frappucinos.  Just walking in the mall together and enjoying each other's company was so special.  I am so proud of her and the woman she is!
Thanks, Mand , I love you
Bookmark and Share

No comments: