Random

July 18, 2006


My idea for including a little “quote game” has fizzled, even though Keri was doing a great job.  Okay, so maybe it was a silly idea to begin with….I think I'll just include a quote with each post ( if I remember and if i find a relevant one).
I have no idea what to do today…I have the usual laundry, cleaning, dishes, but I am trying to think of something fun to do with the kids that doesn't include being outside for too long or cost money.  I have this great idea of putting on a puppet show and letting the kids take turns acting.  I have these two professional puppets I purchased years ago when I was trying to incorporate puppetry into my old children's choir, but Hannah is alarmingly frightened of them.  Just the mere mention of them starts her screaming and rushing to her bedroom to slam the door and lock it.  Oh well, maybe when she's eight!
We'll be having a garage sale one of these days and i really need to go through all of those scary stuffed closets and declutter.  Most of it will probably have to be thrown away, not sold, but at least the “stuff” will be gone.  David and I moved 7 times in the first seven years of our marriage and found we were always cleaning out because we didn't want to pack so much stuff(and we really didn't need most of it anyway)  Even though we have been in our current house almost 2 years I want to try and stay in that decluttering mindset.  It seems to be true that the more stuff you have the more time it takes you to take care of it and the more you worry about it.  Oh to be free of that!
Well, I'm off to see what the day holds!
“An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.”
                               -Pliny the Younger, 
Letters
                                  Roman author and politician ( 62 AD – 114 AD)
Bookmark and Share

No comments: